On this 3 day course, you will start with a green wood log, and end with a 3-legged stool, building on skills covered in the Introduction to Green Woodworking day.
Note: If you would like to book one ticket for yourself and a friend/partner, and work on one stool together, that is fine, as there is plenty to get on with!
We will cover:
- Splitting and preparing legs to be turned on the pole-lathe
- Turning legs to size on the pole lathe
- Preparing the seat using planes and spokeshaves
- Drilling holes in the seat
- Using wedged mortice and tenon joints to secure the legs to the seat
- Sunday 12th May
- Sunday 19th May
- Sunday 9th June
Each day will run from 10.30am until 4pm.
Tea/coffee provided. Please provide your own lunch.
Please note that there is a suggested fee for this course in order to raise funds to grow the group and purchase new tools. Concession tickets are available, as are free tickets for those unable to pay. This is on an honesty basis – we intend to be as inclusive as possible.
Also note that if weather conditions are particularly bad, we may decide to postpone sessions at short notice, as we operate entirely outdoors. Sessions will be re-scheduled for a suitable time.