Winter Tree Pruning Workshop
21 January 2018 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pmFree – £5
Join us and The Orchard Project for a day of pruning the fruit trees in our woodland. You will:
- Learn how to prune younger fruit trees, including apple, pear, medlar and quince
- Develop your understanding of common fruit tree management challenges from vigorous trees to trees in poor condition.
- Discover the appropriate tools for pruning younger trees
- Gain practical experience of pruning to look after trees at BPCG and elsewhere
Bear in mind that …
- The training will be outdoors, so bring appropriate clothing.
- Bring a packed lunch – we have a microwave and hob to heat stuff up if you want to
- There’s a maximum of 12 people per workshop giving you the best chance to learn
- Everyone is welcome, no experience necessaryAnd…..if you are able to, please stay on afterwards for a Wassail Celebration of our Woodland from 4pm to 5pm. There’ll be lots of noise from our children led Wassail procession, and lots of mulled cider and apple juice. If your pruning has not woken up the trees, this Wassail certainly will, and will give us a great harvest in 2018!
Join our family and children activities mailing list