Marketing and Communications Volunteer: Job specification
Brockwell Park Community Greenhouses (BPCG) is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to assist with Marketing and Communications to maximize our impact on the community in delivering volunteering opportunities, educational workshops and environmental education.
BPCG is a small charity with a one-acre community garden in the heart of Brockwell Park, near Brixton. We have five part-time staff (Education Officer, Education Assistant, Community Gardener, Site Supervisor and Director) and operate with the help of up to 70 volunteers. We are open to the general public and for garden volunteering Thursday-Sunday and for education activities specifically Monday-Wednesday.
We are looking for a volunteer interested in community development and environmental education to support all staff in promoting the volunteering and educational activities offered by the charity. With a focus on BPCG’s work on 1) Community, gardening and sustainability; and 2) Environmental education and school outreach. Tasks include:
- Help keep relevant pages of the BPCG’s website up to date, particularly the events/workshops items . More specifically, should this task go first? I’d suggest task below more interesting?
- Prepare or edit blog posts for stories for the BPCG website (based on material submitted by staff and other volunteers)
- Assist in producing and disseminating outward-facing publications (brochures, posters etc.)
- Use social media (including Twitter, Facebook) to raise awareness of BPCG’s ongoing activities and events
- As and when opportunity allows, produce other communications outputs, such as posting event listings though other websites
- A passion for effective communication and environmental education/community work
- Some experience of writing short news items, using social media and editing/producing short blogs.
- Interest, experience or knowledge of nature conservation and/or community development work.
- A good working knowledge of MS-Word
Ideally we would be looking for someone who could offer 2 days per month in volunteer time. This could be working from home or through time spent in the office.
For more information or to express an interest in this volunteer role, please send your CV and a covering letter to our Site Supervisor, Rory on firstname.lastname@example.org