Attendance: 22 members with Chris Smith in the Chair
- Chair’s opening remarks
Chris opened the meeting by welcoming those present and noting that the Charity had more members than ever before.
The attendees introduced themselves and their contribution to the Charity.
- Minutes of the previous AGM
These minutes were approved by the members present, without dissent.
- Director’s review of the year 2018/19
The director gave a comprehensive review of the activities of 2018/19 and outlined the further progress made during the first half of the current year.
The Chair proposed a vote of thanks to the Director, all the Staff and the volunteers. The motion was carried without dissent.
- Annual Financial Accounts and Trustees Report 2018/19
Andrew presented an overview of the year’s financial activities commenting particularly on the increase in trading income across all categories and the receipt of £150,000 towards The Barn project.
He noted the revenue increase had continued into the current year and forecast for the year was close to the self-funding target.
- Election of Board of Trustees
- Trustee appointed since the last AGM – Alice Noakes
- Trustee not seeking re-election – Lucie Russell
- Election of Trustees for 2019/20 – Derek Hoare, Antonia Gross, Liz Day, Sarah Wales, Alice Noakes, Joshua Piercey.
- Election of Trustees as officers
Chair Chris Smith
Secretary Sarah Wales
Treasurer Andrew Oxley
Chris thanked the Trustees for their contributions during the year with extended thanks to Lucy for her contribution over several years as a garden volunteer and Trustee.
The meeting closed at 3.30pm for tea and cake.