16th August 2019 BPCG staff meeting minutes
Staff and volunteers present: Helen, Cat, Kate, Cathy, Chris, Joshua
Review of last meeting
1) Next new volunteers day: 8th September 2019 2.30pm
- Kate to send template to Cat
- Cat will email all new vols to welcome, and send the next new vol day
- Cat/Chris to decide October date on 8th September
2) Hampton Court
- Chris to contact Seonaid Royall in Autumn re. Future education garden area
3) Country Show was a great success, well done everyone and many thanks
4) Lambeth Palace Garden trip: 30th August 1pm
- Joshua to cover Cat 12pm – 5pm (Also Joshua to cover 29th August)
- Cathy and Cat to collate names + email all sign ups (timings and directions)
- Cathy to check garden museum cards/group membership, email IEL@gmail.com
5) Canopy – fixed!
6) RHS – many thanks to everyone, results in mid September
7) Kitchen renovation
- We have until mid feb
- Renovate! Style group
- Chris/David to organise
8) Barn – congratulations! 2000 votes, many thanks to all!
- Fundraising drive begin mid- Sep 2019
- This public fundraised contribution will be for Phase 1 of Raise the Barn: to renovate upper greenhouse. This will include: repair floor, take out all glass, reseal all windows, replace plastic, replace plug sockets. Back ? of Greenhouse will not be refurbed (due to barn build plans).
- Just Giving/DOnate at till.
- Staff to change email sig to include donate button (*staff also need to remove sustainability and film links out of date)
- Staging will be back in lower greenhouse in Feb ready for March growing
- Passive Greenhouse: wood for beds to increase warm planting capacity
- Plan to have radiant heaters for upper greenhouses
9) Corp volunteering
- Any leads please share! We have some bookings but looking for more.
- All making good effort to improve communication in verbal and email comm, also improving comm with staff and vols attending mixed meetings. Keep up good work!
11) Thursdays – Education on Thursdays
- CUrrently an ‘overflow’ day for small groups + story stompers
- Future – how can we offer whole class visits? 1 yr – 18 months time. Currently able to in good weather only.
12) Key cupboard keys shortage – Helen to cut 2 keys
New agenda items
A)Watering System problem – someone turning off taps on timed watering system
- Helen to ask Chen Mei to bring daughter to discuss taps
- Helen and Cathy to check watering system okay before locking up
- ALSO H to ask Chen Mei to come in with daughter for conversation with Cat Thurs or Fri 9-5. Cat to decide what to say re. Veg bed.
- B) Social Media drive
- Thank you Joshua!
- Schedules posts every 2 weeks. Hootsuite limits this (or £25 per month)
- Helpful if other staff/vols can share ‘evergreen content’ (images that can be posted any time eg. kids workshops)
- So far proving effective eg. 60 new followers, reach is increasing
- To improve posts: google top # for your post and share with image
- All share photos on whatsapp photo group
- C) New Parks Development officer: Tom Smith
- Helen met and arranging 3 autumn school visits to new wild area by house on hill
- Paid for by Lambeth park funding for this project
- D) Leaflets + Business cards
- Think about replacement in autumn
- Business cards useful as less waste when people only want email
- Kate to order Chris BPCG business card: name and email only
- Also second card with garden@ and Education@ emails
Next meeting 26th September 3.30pm